The Cuyuna Golf Club was developed in three stages.
The first stage started in 1923 with sand greens and was
designed and built by the local mining companies. The
second stage was laid out in 1932, and with the
to this day. Harry Middlebrook, with help from both the
mining and railroad companies, is primarily responsible
for the original design. The third stage, the second nine,
designed by Donald “Dogleg” Herfort,
was added in 1988. This composite course, carved out of
the Northern Minnesota woods, requires an accurate driver,
skill in handling the uneven uphill, downhill, and sidehill
lies, and a first class game to master the challenging
putting surfaces here at Cuyuna. Visit the course
layout for a basic hole-by-hole
description of the Cuyuna Golf Club.